OCECD Job Posting for Statewide Preschool Parent Mentor
Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities is seeking a full-time Statewide Preschool Parent Mentor
The Statewide Preschool Parent Mentor will:
• Provide assistance and report to the Director of the Parent Mentor Oversight and Professional Development Grant in implementing the project across the state.
• Provide training and resources to the Parent Mentors across the state on Special Education topics, disability categories and child development.
• Will specialize in preschool and have a solid knowledge base on the four preschool compliance and performance indicators to effectively assist parents.
• Provide resources and training to support the Parent Mentors’ understanding of Step Up To Quality, Ohio’s tiered quality rating system.
• Guide Parent Mentors in assisting individual families through the steps of the special education process, by addressing their particular questions or concerns, and their parental rights under IDEA.
• Utilize trainings, resource materials, modules, webinars, and attend meetings to support and assist OCECD Staff, parent mentors and individual districts in supporting families of children with disabilities.
• Collaborate effectively with other organizations.
• Understand the importance of professional development.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Travel within the state to attend meetings, trainings, conferences, etc.
• Preference to Bi-lingual candidates.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to: [email protected] by April 24th
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Director of Early Childhood
Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities
165 W. Center Street Suite 302
Marion, OH 43302
844-382-5452 Ext. 23